GMAT Simulator Software Walk-through
Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our GMAT Simulator, we look forward
to demonstrating how our software can become a valuable addition to your
existing courseware and offerings.
(You may wish to print this prior to starting for easier reference)
- Visit the CATPrep GMAT simulator launch
page. (This page can be re-branded with your organization's logo and text
if you choose to utilize our
- We currently offer 5 independent question pools for use with the GMAT
simulator. To begin a simulated GMAT session using question pool #1, simple
click the "Launch Exam #1" button.
- A new window will open and begin loading the GMAT simulator software. If
your browser needs an upgraded Java plug-in, you will be prompted to install
it. This free upgrade is only required one time and may take a few minutes
depending on your connection speed. After the upgraded plug-in is installed
in your browser, subsequent simulator launches will be much faster.
- When the simulator software opens, you will be presented with the CATPrep "splash image." (This image can be replaced with your own in a
- The "splash image" will disappear after a few seconds and you will see
the "login page".
- At this time, you may wish to change the font size using the "Options"
menu on the menu bar at the top of the simulator.
- You may also wish to examine the "Disability Configuration page" from the
"Options" menu on the menu bar at the top of the simulator. This page
supports the software configuration options provided to GMAT test takers who
qualify for special considerations under
GMAC guidelines. For more information about these options, you may choose
the "Disability Guidelines" option from the "Help" menu on the menu bar at
the top of the simulator. You can set the disability options for a special
configuration, or simply leave them in their default settings. Click 'OK' at
the bottom to return to the "login page."
- Once you are ready to begin the exam, enter one of your unused access
codes into the field on the login page and then click the "login" button.
- From this point forward, the software behaves identically to that of the
actual GMAT testing software. You have the ability to toggle the timer until
the last 5 minutes of each section. You must select an answer and confirm
your choice before moving to the next question. The simulator uses an
adaptive question selection algorithm to select each subsequent question from
the question pool.
- After you have completed the entire exam, you will be prompted to enter
your email address so that your results can be saved.
- The next page will allow you to review your entire simulated session
along with your answers, the correct answers with explanations, and the time
you spent on each question. You will also be presented with your sectional
and cumulative scores as calculated using our exclusive scoring engine.
- Once you have completed your review of your simulated session, you can
close the simulator and the accompanying launch page.
- To reload your saved simulated session, simply launch the simulator using
the same question pool (click the 'Launch Exam #1' button from the CATPrep GMAT simulator launch page). Then, select 'Load Saved Session' from
the 'Review' menu on the menu bar at the top of the simulator. You will be
prompted for the email address you entered when you saved your results and
then returned to the login page where the 'Login' button will now read
'Review'. Enter your previously used access code into the field on the page
and click the 'Review' button to return to the 'Scoring page' complete with
all of your saved session information. Note that the same session can be
reviewed simultaneously on multiple computers. So, instructor and student can
review a student's saved session at the same time at different locations or
on different computers in order to facilitate discussion in distributed
I look forward to forming a powerful and mutually beneficial partnership
between your organization and CATPrep. If you have any questions,
concerns, or would like to get started now,
please contact our
is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council.
This website is not endorsed or approved by the Graduate Management Admission Council.
CATPrep and CATPrep Simulator are trademarks of BitAcuity, Inc.